Manchester United have reopened talks with Inter over a move for Ivan Perisic and are confident of finally landing the Croatia winger, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his desire to add a pacey winger to his forward line and complete a clean sweep of his four main summer transfer targets.Man Utd star reveals unrest exists in rival dressing rooms
The Premier League giants have already seen two bids in excess of £40million rejected for the 28-year-old with Inter steadfastly holding out for £48million.
United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has been in negotiations with his Italian counterparts and reports claim he is growing increasingly assured that he will deliver a player Mourinho had earmarked as far back as March.
‘We have 25%t left which means one of four. We got a central defender that can play many other positions which is very important. Victor [Lindelof] can play right-back, centre midfield,’ Mourinho said on Friday.
Ivan Perisic's Serie A season
‘We have a central midfielder and a striker, so obviously another player would be one coming from the sides, but we have players and if we cannot strengthen then we have people we trust.
‘I understand the reality of the market, of the numbers and that my club by doing 75 percent of what I initially asked did very well. I don’t think I am in a position of moaning, crying, contesting or to say I am not happy with it.
‘I am happy with the effort the club did and that the club managed to do 75 percent of the work before the Premier League starts and until Aug. 31. If the remaining 25 percent don’t arrive I will not moan, just go with everything I have to try to win every match we play.’